Eyes are the most attractive feature of the face. No matter big, small or what type of eyes, eyes give the impression of life on the face. These eyes can be enhanced more if proper make is put on them. One of the makeup styles for eyes is called Black Smokey eye makeup.
This make up is a big hit for many reasons, the biggest reason of them is it makes eyes look big and bright and more attractive. The key to the perfect Smokey eye is proper blending. Also, it's important to pair light base colors with rich dark colors. Nice mixes include: Soft gold base with deep purple on top, champagne base with bright blue and peach base with green hue.
Follow these simple steps and feel oh-so-glamorous!
- Prep the lid: The key to keeping eye shadow from melting into your eyelid crease as the day goes on is to kept eyelids oil-free. To do this, start with an eye shadow base (also called “primer”). Simply swipe the primer across the eye and let it dry before you continue to the next step. Some great primers for a Black Smokey eye include MAC's 'paint' and Urban Decay's 'Primer Potion'.
- Apply eyeliner: If you're going for a typical black, brown or gray Black Smokey eye, apply liner in one of those colors above the uppe
r lash line, drawing line thicker in the middle of eye. If you're opting for a jewel-toned eye (violet makes a gorgeous Smokey eye), line eyes with a purple, blue or deep green liner.
- Blend in color on bottom lashes: For color on the bottom (a key Black Smokey eye look) you'll want to use an eyeliner pencil because they're easiest to smudge. Once the line is drawn, run your finger over it to smudge the line. You can also apply a bit of shadow to get full smudge effect.
- Apply light base color: Again, the key to a Black Smokey eye is pairing a lighter base with the darker hue. Prefer a nice cream shade for base. Sweep a light, shimmery shadow over the lids to your brow bone.
- Blend in darker color, but keep dark color below the crease: Now that you have the base and eyeliner on, it's time to get the Smokey effect. You need a darker eye shadow shade. Using an eye shadow brush blend in color starting at your lash line, blending up. Make sure to blend color into the lash line so the eye liner disappears. Stop deep color at crease. The key here is to blend, blend, and blend and create the perfect Black Smokey eyes.
- Double check your work: Make sure eyes match and blend color with a Q-tip if need be.
- Finish with several coats of mascara: You'll want to apply a few coats of mascara so lashes are thick and dark. If you don't have naturally long, curled lashes, curl them with a lash curler first and get the glamorous Black Smokey eyes.