Difference between face wash and cleanser
- The face wash is harsher as compared to cleansers.
- Cleansers are more efficient when you need to take off your makeup, or you need deep cleansing.
- Face wash removes the oil and makes your skin dry. On the other hand, cleansers act as a moisturizer and leaves your skin softer than before.
- The primary purpose of face wash is to remove excessive oil while cleansers are more focused on removing the dirt and blackheads.
Tips for Perfect Cleansing
There are so many myths related to facial cleansing, if you follow these instructions, your cleansing will never go erroneous.
- Always wash your hands before cleaning your face and make sure your palms and washcloth are pretty clean before touching your face.
- Everything works perfectly in moderation. If you overdo it, it will make your skin dry and sensitive.
- It is believed that using hot water can open the clogged pores while cold water shrinks the enlarged pores. Dermatologists suggest ordinary tap water for cleansing purpose. Too hot or too cold water can make skin sensitive and increases the chances of redness and breakouts.
- Make cleansing your face a ritual when you wake up in the morning and before going to bed. These timings are perfect for this purpose, and you can get maximum benefit from it. If you have sensitive skin, then cleanse only once a day before going to bed.
- Choose the right type of cleanser. Gel cleansers are only suitable for oily skin. If you have dry skin, then you should definitely go for creamy cleansers.
- Always make sure you have removed the cleanser properly after you are done with it. Any residue can cause damage to your skin.
DIY Homemade Facial Cleansers
Read More: Best Spa Treatments for Your Skin Type
Homemade Facial Cleansers For Dry Skin
Yogurt & Papaya Facial Cleanser
Mash the fruit with a fork well so you can get a nice smooth texture. Add a tablespoon yogurt to your mask and mix well. Apply the mixture in circular movements so it could remove the dead layers of your skin and nourish your skin deeply.
Aloe Vera & Honey Facial Cleanser
You would be surprised to know that, both Aloe Vera and honey are best for healing and repairing. Both these ingredients are helpful in treating, dry skin, sunburn, dark patches, uneven skin tone or even mild acne. Aloe Vera can be used alone without any other ingredient as its rich with more than 72 nutrients, 25 minerals, 12 vitamins and 18 different types of amino acids. What else do you need? I love to apply Aloe Vera, but sometimes it causes irritation. For this, I mix it with my moisturizer and then apply it to my skin. This trick works for me well, my skin gets nourished and moisturized at the same time.
Take a fresh new Aloe Vera leaf. Peel off the skin and scoop the gel out. Add a tablespoon honey to it and mix well. Bongo! Your cleanser is ready. Apply it to your skin and cleanse skin in circular movements. You can make this cleanser in nice quantity and use it whenever you need. But I would suggest you to use it fresh as the sooner you apply Aloe Vera after separating it from the plant, the better it would be.
Homemade Facial Cleanser For Oily Skin
Raw milk is used as a cleanser for all skin types. It is the best natural moisturizer and skin whitener. Women have been using it for centuries to enhance their beauty naturally. Milk Bath is the oldest way of moisturizing whole body and the secret behind using this ingredient is it’s anti-ageing properties. You can use milk in the variety of ways to cleanse and nourish your skin.
Read More: 10 Spa Treatments From Around the World
Take half cup of cold raw milk and a cotton ball. Dip the cotton ball in milk and rub it on your face gently. Leave it on your face for 10 minutes and wash it with fresh water.