Bath salt therapy is the key to relieving tension and stress from your muscles and relaxing and soothing your nerves. Salt therapy is also beneficial for aching and sore muscles and has healing properties when it comes to muscle cramps, fatigue and stiffness.
Bath salts come is a variety of soothing fragrances and each variety is effective in achieving a relaxing salt therapy. Bath salts therapy consists of small water soluble solid molecules which are added to a warm bath tub to soak the body. These molecules are extremely beneficial for the skin and human body.
A few benefits of a bath salt therapy include:
- Pure and natural form of salt therapy consists of minerals and nutrients that keep the skin supple, smooth and soft. These salts are absorbed in the pores and cleanse and purify the skin and improve skin texture, color and tone.
- Bath salt therapy promotes a healthy feeling. When the body is soaked in these salts, it automatically relaxes and let goes of the stressed muscles, releasing the toxins from the body.
- Different varieties of bath salts are available offering multiple benefits. Dead Sea bath salts are famous for their healing properties and give a glowing skin. On the other hand, lavender and Eucalyptus bath salts release pain, soreness, relax muscles and let your body free and loose. Green Tea and Tangerine bath salts boost your spirit, enlighten your mood and make you feel happy and cheerful. Cinnamon bath salts cleanse toxins and impurities from the pores and cleanse the skin leaving it fresh and supple.
- Salt therapy consists of calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium, bromide and various other minerals that assist the body in fighting fatigue, relieving stress, soothing sore muscles, maintaining moisture levels and also promoting healthy bones by keeping a check on the water retention in your body.
- If you have cellulite on your body, use seaweed or mineral bath salts. These salts carry toxins away from the body through the lymphatic system. Rosemary bath salts along with orange, almond, rose and peppermint are very therapeutic for dry, dull and tired skin which requires moisture and enhanced appearance.
Epsom Salt Therapy
Another very famous bath salt therapy which is also medically prescribed by doctors is Epsom salt therapy. Also known as magnesium sulfate, these salts are easily available at drug stores and super markets. Epsom salt therapy is believed to expedite healing, releasing stress, improving the quality of skin, preventing the hardening of arteries and sudden heart attacks, relieving muscle cramps and detoxifying the body.
Soak your body twice a week for 15 minutes in a warm bath with 2 cups of Epsom salts along with half a cup of baby oil.
This will give you both medical and beauty benefits. Do not use any other products such as soap or bubble bath while soaking yourself in Epsom salts. That will hinder the actual purpose of these salts. Try to relax for at least 2 hours after soaking your body an Epsom salt therapy. If you suffer from arthritis, keep moving your joints to make them flexible.
These salts are mandatory to be kept at home and even relieve minor cuts and injuries.