Different kinds of manicures are usually in at different times. Moving from French Manicure which was the talk of the town a few years back. This year Gel nails are something every girl desires.Many wonder what gel nails are all about and what is the hype? To answer that Gel nails provide the same potency and natural look as acrylic nails, but without the scent, nail harm and lifting commonly related with acrylic overlays. Many salons offer this service at costly prices however the if you know the trick to do it well. You can get your DIY gel nails at home anytime you want to only if you have the time and access to supplies. Here are a few steps to do your gel nails at home:
1. Get your Nails Ready: in order to get your nails ready you need to clean them up. Remove the old Nail polish or in case you have previous acrylic or gel nails then you need to get rid of that first.
2. Trim your Nails: Use a nail clipper to trim your nails to an equal manageable length. Once that is done then file your nails with a nail filer to smooth out the rough edges and shape your nails the way you wish.
3. Push Back the Cuticles: By the aid of a cuticle pusher, make your nails look neat and clean by pushing away the cuticles. An ideal way to get rid of cuticles is to soak your nails in warm water before you push back the cuticles.4. Buff: add some natural shine to your nails by buffing the.
5. Apply the Primer: The advantage of applying a primer is that it removes the remaining moisture and oils from your nails to get them ready for the gels. The primer comes with a brush, which you use to put a thin coat of primer on each nail from the cuticle to the top of the nail. Again an ideal way to apply a primer is by using long even strokes that cover the whole nail. Make sure that you apply a thin layer. Let the primer dry first before going any further.
6. Brush a Layer of UV Nail Gel: Use the brush that come with the UV nail gel and apply it over your nails. In case some drops on sides, instantly remove it with a nail polish remover. Let it dry once applied.
7. Apply a Second Coat: The second coat sort of firms the base. Therefore it is essential. This may take a few minutes more than the previous one. Apply a second coat and let it dry again.8. Apply a Third Coat of UV Gel: When you apply the third coat, make sure you cover any thin spots and even out the gel before drying. The third coat takes longer to dry.
9. Clean the Nails: once you are done with application of the gel layers. Inspect your nails from all the sides and then use a buffer to shape them accordingly.
10. Apply the Polish: Now it is the time to apply the color of nail polish you desire. Again in case it touches the sides while applying, use a q-tip soaked in nail polish remover to cleanse that immediately.