You won’t have to worry about warding off bad Nail Art while wearing this chic, evil eye mani — it has you covered. Even better: Nail artist Simcha Whitehill aka Miss Pop shows you how it’s done.
1. Prep. File your nails into the desired shape, push back your cuticles Do Not Cut Them! and apply a basecoat. Then, swipe on two coats of a turquoise blue polish, like Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Color in “Dive In.”
2. Paint a Gold Triangle on the Base of Each Nail. Using a striper brush dipped in a gold shimmery polish, like Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish in “Wedding Glitters,” paint a pyramid at the base of your nails.
3. Create a Tiny Blue Half-Moon at the Base of the Triangle. After the gold triangle dries, use a striper brush and a royal blue shade, like Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Neons Nail Polish in “Blinding Blue,” to create a half-moon at the base of each nail inside the pyramid.
4. Apply a Dab of Topcoat on Top of the Blue Half-Moon. In order for the pupil of the evil eye (aka a black jewel) to stick to your paint job, you need something for it to adhere to. So, paint the center of the half-moon with a dab of clear polish, like Sally Hansen Triple Shine Top Coat, then proceed to step five.
5. Pop on the Pupil. Using the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Studs Kit, dip the tip of the plastic stick included in the kit into a bit of topcoat. This will help you easily pick up the black stud and allow you to place it precisely in the middle of the blue half-moon.