One of the most sought after actresses in Bollywood, Katrina Kaif is a sheer delight to watch on screen.The actress left audience spellbound with her acrobatic skills in Dhoom 3, and her sensational dance moves in Bang Bang.
With many commercial hits in her kitty, Katrina has won hearts with her alluring beauty and amazing screen presence. Having worked with all the three Khans, she is now looking forward to her next release, Phantom opposite Saif Ali Khan. While the actress has always maintained a stony silence when it comes to her personal life, including her relationships, rumour mills are abuzz over her impending marriage with beau Ranbir Kapoor.
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
Here are a few interesting facts about the diva.
1. Katrina Kaif’s real name is Katrina Thorquette. Born in Hong Kong, she travelled more than eight countries while growing up, with her family. Since her mother worked for an international charitable trust, she frequently moved base before finally settling down in London.
2. Her first modelling assignment was for a jewellery brand when she was mere fourteen years old. She also won a beauty contest in Hawaii.
3. Her identity was embroiled in controversy when in an interview producer Ayesha Shroff, who first introduced Katrina in Boom Boom said, “We created an identity for her. She was this pretty young English girl, and we gave her the Kashmiri father and thought of calling her Katrina Kazi. We thought we’d give her some kind of Indian ancestry, to connect with the audience. But then we thought that Kazi sounded too religious? Mohammad Kaif was at the top, and so we said, Katrina Kaif sounds really great.” Katrina rebuffed her claims.
[contentblock id=2 img=adsense.png]
4. Katrina is one of the most hard working actresses in the industry. For three-and-a-half years she worked every single day, sometimes for 16 hours straight.
5. Her favourite beverage is well made black coffee, and her favourite cuisine is Sushi . She also likes to indulge in homemade food, especially dahi and rice.
6. Katrina credits yoga for her perfect bod. She also likes to swim and cycle to remain in shape.
7. Katrina has learnt dance from renowned Kathak guru Viru Krishna.
[contentblock id=3 img=adsense.png]
8. Katrina is known for her punctuality and often arrives on sets at least 15 minutes prior to her shoot.
9. Despite the fashionista she appears to be, she likes to lounge around in her old dresses when at home. Also, she is a fan of minimal makeup.
10. Katrina ranked first at FHM India’s 100 Sexiest Women World Poll.