Guru Nanak Jayanti celebrates the significance of the birth of first Sikh Guru – Guru Nanak. This festival falls on the full moon day in the month of Kartik according to the Hindu calendar. This festival is one of the most religious and spiritual one which is celebrated by people believing in Sikhism.
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
There are many other people who follow the philosophy of Guru Nanak and also be a part of this festival. Guru Nanak Jayanti is also regarded as Guru Nanak’s Prakash Utsav and Guru Nanak Gurpurab. Who was Guru Nanak? The founder of Sikh religion, who was born on April 15th, 1469 in Pakistan. Guru Nanak was the one who not only inspired his followers but also motivated them to become a better person in themselves.
In Sikh religion, this festival usually occurs around the anniversaries of the ten Sikh Gurus. These Gurus were highly responsible for moulding the myths and beliefs in their religion. This day is celebrated by offering prayers amongst Sikhs. On this special occasion, we have jotted down some famous quotes by Guru Nanak which pushes humans towards humanity and religion. Happy Guru Nanak to everyone out there! Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
1. I am not the born; how can there be either birth or death for me?
2. Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru none can cross over to the other shore.
[contentblock id=2 img=adsense.png]
3. Even Kings and emperors with heaps of wealth and vast dominion cannot compare with an ant filled with the love of God.
4. God is one, but he has innumerable forms. He is the creator of all and He himself takes the human form.
5. Thou has a thousand eyes and yet not one eye; Thou host a thousand forms and yet not one form.
6. The lord can never be established nor created; the formless one is limitlessly complete in Himself. Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die.
[contentblock id=3 img=adsense.png]
7. There is but One God, His name is Truth, He is the Creator, He fears none, he is without hate, He never dies, He is beyond the cycle of births and death, He is self illuminated, He is realized by the kindness of the True Guru. He was True in the beginning, He was True when the ages commenced and has ever been True, He is also True now.
8. From its brilliancy everything is illuminated.
9. Sing the songs of joy to the Lord, serve the Name of the Lord, and become the servant of His servants.
10. Through shallow intellect, the mind becomes shallow, and one eats the fly, along with the sweets.