The Twitter friendly sex siren Poonam Pandey turns 24 on Wednesday and with this, her average of controversies too seems to rise. It’s needless to say that Poonam is synonymous to boldness despite she had just one film to her credit which sadly bombed at the box office.
[contentblock id=1 img=adsense.png]
Her fame on the social networking platform is enormous and credit to that goes to her racy selfies on Twitter and her publicity gimmicks. From stripping for Team India to leaked sex video, Poonam Pandey has plethora of controversies to remain in limelight.
Here are the top 10 instances that made Poonam Pandey the ‘Controversial Queen of Bollywood’:
1. Poonam Pandey’s outrageous promise to strip naked if India wins 2011 ICC World Cup brought her into limelight for the first time. However, BCCI among many others condemned such mode of boosting Team India’s morale. Later India lifted the World Cup but much disappointment to her fans, Poonam didn’t drop her wardrobe as she promised.
Read More: Happy Birthday Poonam Pandey
2. In the same year a controversial snap circulated via social media which had nude Poonam holding a framed pic of cricketer Sachin Tendulkar morphed as a Hindu God and a Pakistani bowler, bowling down to him. The picture created a huge uproar all over. Poonam on Twitter wrote, “TweetHrts & All my Fans round d World i do appreciate ur Love towards me but such edited pix really hurt me as for me Cricket is a RELIGION (sic).
3. Poonam’s confession of having premarital sex also stirred controversy. Madras High Court declared that couples who have had premarital sex will be considered as married to which Poonam had tweeted, “MadrasHC I am Married then 😉 Hehehehe LOL”.
4. Youtube decided to block a video featuring Poonam Pandey. The actress came up with an elaborate idea of revealing a video of her ‘Bathroom Secrets’. As the term implies, it was far fetchingly provocative. What went amusing was her tweet over it which says, “The secret behind team India’s victory is My Bathroom Secrets.”
5. The cat fight between Poonam and controversial Bangladeshi author Taslima Nasrin also gained her popularity. While Taslima claimed, “Poonam Pandey got naked but not satisfied. She wanna do dirtiest things none did before. Wants to get f****d in public!”, Poonam didn’t accept to stay back with this remark and tweeted, “Fuck what people say… Do YOU. Some people will hate you for it, but it’s the ones that love you for it that are more important”. The battle was a sheer enjoyable one.
[contentblock id=2 img=adsense.png]
6. There was another war of words but this time with actress Chitrangada Singh. Singh tweeted saying, “How do you compete with Poonam Pandey, when she is ready to strip for kabbadi matches? Though I have never met Poonam and no prsnl agenda, but guess she does her bathroom rituals everyday and in sometimes that involves striping,” (sic). Poonam didn’t wait to lash out on her tweeting, “Its so funny how the people who know the least about you, have the most to say. Jealousy: That’s what makes a b*tch talk” However, later it came out that it was from a fake account of Chitrangada.
7. Actress Veena Malik once tossed up Poonam Pandey’s name and accused her of plagiarizing her ‘Supermodel’ poster. An evidently outspoken and quick to react Poonam, this time remained tight-lipped on this. So, was Veena right to allege her?
8. Poonam Pandey claimed public eye again when a Noida-based artist Pranava Prakash put up an exhibition where he also put up nude paintings of the ‘Nasha’ actress, which was demolished by some unknown people. The artist was brutally assaulted while the actress saw this as a breach of artistic freedom, mostly because one of her pictures was ruined.
9. Amidst her promotional campaign for the movie ‘Nasha’, Poonam’s lovemaking scene hit the web and went viral. While she was sad by this act, some believe it was intentional move by the queen of controversy.
[contentblock id=3 img=adsense.png]
10. Last year, Poonam Pandey’s dirty dancing video was uploaded by her fan club but the actress didn’t appreciated that and tweeted, “Tweethearts such acts are Really hurting…Like every one even I Enjoy my personal space… But dont like anyone Crossing the boundaries”.