Cardio workouts offer a variety of ways to get your cardio in healthy condition. From gym machines to outdoor workouts, Cardio-workout targets the endurance, calorie-burning and more for all fitness levels. The best cardio-workout is simply the one you will do day in and day out consistently. Choose one cardio-workout which you enjoy doing and don’t be afraid to mix the exercises. Interval cardio-workout consists of moving from one exercise to another in set time intervals.
For example, you could do the elliptical trainer for 15 minutes, then switch to the cycling workout for another 15 minutes and finish off on the treadmill for the last 15 minutes. Interval training is a great way to keep the whole thing fresh!
There are two schools of though when it comes to cardio training. The “slow & steady” group and the “high intensity” group for cardio-workouts.
These two groups breakdown like this:
Slow & Steady Cardio
- Long duration (45min – 1 hour)
- Low strength
- Burn fat and not carbohydrates
- Protect joints
High Intensity Cardio
- Short duration (20min – 30min)
- High intensity (interval training workout)
- Burn tons of calories & rev up your metabolism all through the day
- Treat cardio like weights – fiery movements