It will be dangerous for the people when they misinterpret asthma and allergies, if proper care is not available for asthma and certain allergies, it can cause even death. So for proper care and to avoid dangers it is necessary to know properly about asthma and allergies.
This is a serious point that must be understood. Allergy symptoms may be similar to asthma symptoms, it’s essential to be aware of differences between the asthma and allergies. Few symptoms of asthma may be similar to allergic reactions. So there is need to distinguish them to treat them in a proper and appropriate way.
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a disease of airways. Airways in the body control the traffic of air in lungs. In asthma the inner walls of airways become swollen. This swelling makes them very sensitive to irritants.
Symptoms of Asthma
- Difficulty in breathing
- Airways significantly become narrowed due to swollen of inner sides of airways.
- Increased number of white blood cells on the walls of the airways.
- Expansion of the muscle takes place that surrounds the lining of the airways. That cause pressure on airways and they suppressed inwards and block the air passage.
What are Allergies?
The immune system of living beings normally protects the body from harmful substances such as bacteria and toxins. In allergy our immune system respond hyper sensitively towards some harmless substances is called allergy.
Symptoms of Allergies
- Itchy, stuffy, or runny nose.
- Skin may be irritated, itchy, red, or sneezing.
- Eye irritations, they may be itchy, watery and become red in reactions.
- Coughing and wheezing (breathless).
How do we distinguish the Asthma and Allergies?
Though the allergies and asthma are very different but they may be trigger following with the same or the similar types of symptoms. People can distinguish between the asthma and allergies by keeping a keen sight on the causes, symptoms and triggers of the both. Following chart equip you to make.
- Asthma is a specifically disease of bronchial tubes or airways of lungs.
- Asthma runs in families, passed from one generation to other.
- All the irritation occurs along with the airways and lungs and patient only find difficulty in breathing.
- Patients found continuous cough especially at night
- While exercising feeling tired, wheezing, coughing or shortness of breath.
- Asthma may trigger by allergies.
- Asthma is incurable.
- Allergies are the first hand defensive reaction by the immune system towards the substances that might be harmful to the boy.
- Allergies may not run in families, and has no genitival tracks.
- Irritation may be in breathing, nose, eyes, throat and skin.
- There is cough, but cough does not specified by time and duration. It may be occurring at any time for long or shorter period, but not continuous.
- Due to allergies people often feels tiredness for short period of time it’s not permanent.
- Allergies can cause asthma and called allergic asthma.
- Allergies can be curable.