You really don’t need to do your rooms all over again just because you want to introduce nautical style in your home. You can still do it by implementing some key characteristics that will do the trick. It is all in the accessories and the color pallet. This quick guide will help you get started:
- Rough beachy textures are certainly a way to go. You are allowed to mix and play with them. Jute or sisal rugs are a nice way to add rough texture.
- Get your nautical accessories. Boat models are a nice way to freshen up your home decor. Also, you can use sea stars, maps, anchors, or even compass.
- Use lots of rope. Since rope is widely used on ships, it will bring the marine note in the home. Any kind of decoration with knots will work too.
- Sea shells are another thing that you are free to decorate your home with. The best thing is that they are absolutely free. You can pick up some of them at the beach and make your own decorations. Well, no need to get fancy here. If you don’t feel like DIY-ing, then fill a few jars with seashells and decorate your home with them. Quick, easy , and cheap!
- The blue and white pattern is a must for every nautical inspired space. You will see it in many of these Nautical Home Decor Ideas, and you will be surprised by the way it is being incorporated. With having a wide choice, from nautical striped rugs, to throw pillows and curtains, it is up to you to choose the thing that will work for your space.