Mahendra Singh Dhoni was born on the seventh of July, the year 1981 in Ranchi in a Rajput family. Mahendra Singh Dhoni studied at JVM Shyamli, Ranchi in Jharkand where he performed at district and club level in football and badminton.
Dhoni performed as a Goal keeper for his football team and was sent to play as a wicket keeper for local cricket club where everyone got impressed with Dhoni’s wicket keeping skills thus making him the regular wicket keeper at the Commando cricket club. Mahendra Singh Dhoni then brilliantly performed in under sixteen championship. It is amazing to know that from the year 2001 to 2003 Mahendra Singh Dhoni did the job of train ticket examiner in south eastern railways.
The one day international debut of Mahendra Singh Dhoni started in December 2004 when the world never knew that a star is going to shine in the Indian Cricket bringing the laurels to the country and the Indian cricket itself. Mahendra Singh Dhoni started playing test cricket just a year after the start of the ODI career in the year 2005 which was against Sri Lanka. It is very much pertinent to mention here that Mahendra Singh Dhoni has proved himself to be a man of nerves and helped the Indian team in fighting out critical conditions in very important matches. His capabilities thus made him the captain of the Indian national cricket team and the Chennai Super Kings cricket team in the Indian premier league.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni married Sakshi Singh Rawat on 4th of July 2010. It was a magnanimous occasion though the media was taken aback as the wedding took place just the next day of Dhoni’s engagement.
There are numerous successes shining in the Indian cricket history linked with Mahendra Singh Dhoni which are follows
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni as captain of Indian national cricket team clutched the 2007 ICC world twenty20 trophy; also Mahendra Singh Dhoni got home the CB Series of 2007-08 and the Border Gavaskar trophy in the year 2008.
- The year 2010 again witnessed 2-0 score against Australia. The year 2011 witnessed the World cup trophy going India with all the praise under the superb captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
- Another feather in the hat of Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the ultimate victory of Chennai Super Kings again under his captaincy.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has led the Indian team as a successful captain in all the three forms of the game
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni under his captaincy made the Indian team win first ever ODI series against and at New Zealand and Sri Lanka.
- Indian team only under the captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first team after a huge gap of twenty years to whitewash Australia in a test series, due to which the Indian team earned number one position in ICC rankings in Test cricket under the captaincy of Mahendra Singh Dhoni for the first time.
Individual And Collective Awards
Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been able to grab many individual awards, which include following
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni won the ICC ODI Player of the year award in the year 2008 and year 2009, by doing so he became the first ever Indian player to win this award consecutively.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni also awarded the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was awarded the Indian forth highest Indian civilian honour the Padma Shri in the year 2009.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was on the top of the list of world’s top earning cricketers in the year 2009 and the list was compiled by Forbes. It is pertinent to mention here that Mahendra Singh Dhoni is also being ranked as the 31st richest sportsman in the world as per Forbes Highest Paid Athletes specifically for the year 2012.
Cumulative earnings of Mahendra Singh Dhoni are estimated to be 26.5 million USD as per Forbes, which makes him the richest Indian sportsman exceeding Sachin Tendulkar.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni was also highlighted as one of the 100 most influential people of the year 2011 by TIME magazine and hence was identified as the 16th most remarkable athlete in the world by Sports Pro.