In this stressful world today, yoga has been proved to be the best practise for people of all ages. Young girls, middle-aged women or even elderly women can go for yoga as a perfect meditation to relax themselves from the hectic routine.
Benefits of yoga for beginners:
Yoga has various benefits. To begin with beginners should know them in detail and why they should go for the practise of yoga in their daily lives. Yoga helps in relaxing the body as well as relaxing the muscles which will be used in the movements while performing yoga. When performing it, one will be able to concentrate on a particular muscle effortlessly.
Yoga is beneficial for those beginners who are elderly in nature. Without much strain, these beginners can add yoga to their daily lives conveniently. Yoga can also help you resist high calorie tempting food and to stick to a low calorie diet.
Prerequisites for yoga beginners
- For the yoga beginners who are under twelve should not try various postures for long while doing yoga.
- Beginners should perform yoga everyday to get in practise and that too for 30-45 minutes straight.
- Ideal time to do yoga for beginners is early in the morning or you can even delay it till the afternoon too.
- Beginners should make sure to keep their stomach empty completely as solid and liquid needs to be consumed many hours before practising yoga.
- Beginners should realize that the place for yoga should be spacious, airy, bright and at distance from all the household disturbances.
- Never practise yoga on a bare floor, thus the beginners should keep a floor mat or carpet below where they are sitting.
- Clothes should be clean, lose and comfortable for practising yoga.
- Yoga is strictly restricted for women undergoing menstrual period or times of pregnancy.
- Also, beginners need to switch their diet from meat to vegetables.
- Lastly, yoga beginners need to have strong faith in yoga to observe its favourable effects.
Best position for yoga beginners
The Iyengar style is the best for the yoga beginners. This style makes use of various props, for instance blocks, blusters, straps and types of cushions which are helpful to help the yoga beginners in performing difficult postures while practising yoga. This yoga technique is most widely practised thus any yoga beginner can start with this style of yoga first.
Another good style of yoga for beginners is the Kripalu yoga style. It puts more stress on the meditation part. Thus, take training for a proper instructor first before beginning with yoga.