Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ is all set to hit theatres today. Releasing in over 4500 screens across India, this Salman starrer will enjoy a solo release on Diwali, and is expected to fetch a lot of moolah at the box-office. Besides superstar Salman Khan and Sonam Kapoor, the film also stars Neil Nitin Mukesh, Anupam Kher and Swara Bhaskar.
1) Salman, who will reprise the iconic character of Prem(15th time), has not charged a single penny for “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo”. Considering it is Sooraj Barjatya’s film, who has given him three of the most popular films of his entire film career— Maine Pyar Kiya”, “Hum Aapke Hai Koun..!” and “Hum Saath Saath Hain”.
2) Sooraj Barjatya has recreated the Sheesh Mahal for the film, as a tribute to K Asif’s magnum opus Mughal-E-Azam which had inspired him to become a filmmaker.
3) According to Business of cinema , the film has been made at a cost of Rs 60 crores and 20 crs have been spent on P&A. But, the film has already recovered Rs 57 crores through satellite and music rights.
4) Sooraj Barjatya has confessed that he made Prem Ratan Dhan Payo only for Salman Khan, with an intention to show the 49-year-old superstar as someone, who can change people.
5) According to a Mid-day report, Barjatiya was very particular about the set designs what comes as a surprise is that the film’s lighting alone has cost a whopping Rs 15 crore.
Read More: Sonam Kapoor Style Mantra to Look Stylish
6) According to reports, the Censor Board took objection to use the word ‘Rakhail’ apart from two other scenes which includes a Ram-Leela sequence and the other one shows a person being hanged. This move from the Censor Board has surely come as a surprise for the whole team, as Sooraj Barjatya is known for making the cleanest films in Bollywood.
7) Even before its relase, PRDP has turned out to be lucky for actor Neil Nitin Mukesh as it has landed him a role in famous TV series Game of Thrones. It is said that action director Greg powell –who has worked on high profile Hollywood projects like Avengers, Fast and Furious 6 and the Harry Potter series–is currently the stunt director of Game of Thrones. He was so impressed by the actor’s skills during a sword fighting sequence that he offered him a role in the coveted series.
8) According to a Mumbai Mirror report, Salman Khan will have dual roles, that of a kind and one of common man. Negative shades will be played by Neil Nitin Mukesh in the film.Here is the trailer of the film.
9) Prem Ratan Dhan Payo could be the Bollywood adaptation of Anthony Hope’s The Prisoner of Zenda. as stated in Bollywood.
10) Salman Khan has roped in one of his favourite music composers, Himesh Reshammiya. All the songs give a sense of the celebratory mood, ensemble sets and foot-tapping music. All the songs have been written by Irshad Kamil, with ‘Prem Leela’ being Salman Khan’s introductory number.