On the wonderful occasion of this major acting powerhouse’s birthday, we list down 10 facts you probably didn’t know about the Queen B, Rani Mukerji! Some might surprise you, some of them you might know, but all of them will make you realise how hard this lady has worked to be on top of her game!
1) She made her on-screen debut with a Bengali movie.
Her father, Ram Mukerji‘s Bengali movie, Biyer Phool (whose plot was rather similar to Jane Austen‘s Sense and Sensibility) had Rani play the role of a younger sister.
2) Her debut hindi movie Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat flopped at the box-office but her performance caught Aditya Chopra’s attention.
Which brought her the role of Tina in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and the rest as they say, is history!
3) Rani was apparently offered Tabu’s role in The Namesake.
She had to give the project up because the dates were clashing with Karan Johar‘s Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna.
4) She is the first actor in Bollywood to win two awards simultaneously!
She won Best Actress (for Hum Tum) and Best Supporting Actress (for Yuva) awards in a single year (2005) at the Filmfare Awards.
5) Rani topped the Rediff’s ‘Top Bollywood Female Stars’ Rankings for three consecutive years (2004-2006)!
A feat not achieved by any other actress! #Boss
6) Allegedly dated Abhishek Bachchan.
Well, if our Industrywalla says it’s true… then it must be!
7) She was the only woman to feature in the Filmfare Power List in 2005!
2005 was indeed a great year for her, wasn’t it?
8) Rani has been credited by the media for breaking the ‘fairness myth’ by the media.
The lady has never endorsed a fairness cream and that seriously makes her our favourite!
9) She’s a trained Odissi dancer.