Bollywood’s timeless beauty Madhuri Dixit celebrates her 47th birthday today, May 15. As we wish her a wonderful year ahead, we bring you some of the lesser-known facts about this extraordinary onscreen talent.
2) Madhuri Dixit is said to be the only actress in Bollywood to have nominated 13 times for the Filmfare Best Actress Award.
4) Famous Indian painter M.F Husain was so mesmerized by Madhuri Dixit’s beauty that he watched her blockbuster ‘Hum Aapke Hain Kaun’ 67 times. He also booked an entire theatre for her comeback flick, ‘Aaja Nachle’.
6) In the song ‘Kahe Chedd Mohe’, Madhuri Dixit’s costume weighed 30 kilograms. She had some problems with the dance choreography because of this, but she eventually completed it.
8) Madhuri Dixit is an accomplished Kathak dancer and is trained in the dance for eight years.
9) Madhuri is the only heroine of her era who got choreographed by Kathak guru, Pandit Birju Maharaj for Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Devdas’. She was thrilled when Pandit Birju Maharaj said that she is the best Bollywood dancer.
10) It’s no secret that Madhuri undoubtedly has a lot of fans all over the world. One of her beloved fans from Jamshedpur has even launched a calendar where the year begins with Madhuri’s birthday. He has even appealed to the government to declare Madhuri’s birthday as a public holiday.